SoRyang began playing the piano as a 5-year-old child and was awarded frequently at a national level already at the age of 11. At the age of 16 years she left her hometown Seoul / Korea and graduated in piano studies in the master class of Professor Detlef Kraus at the FOLKWANG-Musikhochschule in Essen with a degree as a concert pianist. She received the first Folkwang-Prize and the first prize at the International Brahms-Competition in Hamburg.
Afterwards, SoRyang went to Vienna for her postgraduate studies. She graduated as a Master of Arts at the University for Music and Performing Arts.
Since then SoRyang plays Piano Recitals worldwide. Her concerts at Carnegie Hall in New York, at Großer Musikvereinssaal (Golden Hall) in Vienna and at Wiener Konzerthaus especially attracted attention. As a well-known interpreter of Mozart she regularly presents his piano works, for example at Mirabell Palace in Salzburg, Mozarthaus Vienna. Furthermore she played recitals in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Barcelona, London, Rome, Hamburg, Vienna, Salzburg, Dresden and Berlin. Playing chamber music SoRyang appeared several times with members of Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra all over Europe.
SoRyang played piano concerts with different orchestras, so as Folkwang Orchestra Essen and Austrian-Korean Philharmonic (founded in 1999 by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon) under conduction of Sascha Götzel, Brandenburgischen Staatsorchester, Deutsche Streicherphilharmonie, Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra, Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra, the orchestra of the National Music Academy in Sofia (Bulgaria).
On July 16th, 2016 SoRyang performed at HARPA-Hall Reykjavik. A German TV crew accompanied her on this tour.
In spring 2019 SoRyang performed a Germany-Tour together with Tonkünstler-Orchester Niederösterreich in Dresden, Hamburg, Essen and Nuremberg with Tschaikowsky Piano-concert no.1. Highlight was the sold out concert at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg with standing ovations.
In October 2019, SoRyang will be touring Europe with the Zagreb Philharmonic under the direction of Kristjan Järvi to Zagreb, Vienna, Dresden, Munich, Zurich and Frankfurt aM. In addition to Edvard Grieg’s piano concert, she gave the world premiere of the work “New York Songs for Piano and Orchestra” by Kristjan Järvi.
Additionally she became wellknown through some of her piano compositions (“Curse of fate” and “Stranded goods”) that had been selected for the adaption of old silent films at the Vienna film festival “VIENNALE”.
Her idea to present classical piano music to a wide audience at historic sites of major European cities, has inspired worldwide many pianists and spreaded also by them very soon. CDs with live recordings of these open-air concerts were produced by Preiser Records and sold as a bestseller. Former CEO of PREISER RECORDS marked SoRyang as “most extraordinary pianist of Europe”.
- 08.01.2023 – Musikverein (Wien)
- 13.04.2023 – Kulturpalast (Dresden)
- 14.04.2023 – Brucknerhaus (Linz)
- 15.04.2023 – Musikverein (Wien)
- 01.04.2022 – Grand Auditorium (Luxembourg) – |
- 03.04.2022 – Philharmonie (Köln)
- 04.04.2022 – Tonhalle (Saarbrücken Congress Centrum Saar)
- 05.04.2022 – Alte Oper (Frankfurt) –
- 16.05.2022 – Stadttheater Klagenfurt (Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria)
- 21.07.2022 – Kulturpalast (Dresden)
- 31.07.2022 – Musikverein (Wien, Austria)
- 17.11.2022 – Bulgaria Concert Hall (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- 10.05.2021 – Musikverein (Brahms-Saal, Wien)
- 01.08.2021 – Musikverein (Großer Saal, Wien)
- 06.11.2021 – Coselpalais (Dresden) – Recital
- 12.11.2021 – Musikverein (Wien) – Recital – Purchase tickets (musikverein.at)
14.03.2019 – 18.03.2019 – Concert tour with the Tonkünstler-Orchester Niederösterreich under Maestro Yutaka Sado: Peter I. Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1
- 14.03.2019 – Kulturpalast (Dresden)
- 16.03.2019 – Elbphilharmonie (Hamburg)
- 17.03.2019 – Philharmonie Alfred-Krupp-Saal (Essen)
- 18.03.2019 – Meistersingerhalle (Nürnberg)
- 16.05.2019 – Jüdisches Museum (Krakau) – Recital
- 31.05.2019 – Musikverein (Wien) – Recital
- 14.07.2019 – Musikverein (Konzerthaus)
07.10.2019 – 14.10.2019 – Concert tour with the Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra under Maestro Kristjan Järvi: Edvard Grieg Klavierkonzert a-moll
- 07.10.2019 – Lisinski-Konzerthalle (Zagreb)
- 08.10.2019 – Musikverein (Wien)
- 09.10.2019 – Kulturpalast (Dresden)
- 10.10.2019 – Gasteig (München)
- 11.10.2019 – Konzerthalle Zürich-Maag (Zürich)
- 12.10.2019 – Alte Oper (Frankfurt)
- 24.11.2019 – Congresshalle (Graz) – Recital
- 26.11.2019 – Brucknerhaus (Linz) – Recital
- 01.12.2019 – Musikverein (Wien) – Recital
A Summer Night’s Concert live at Golden Hall of the Vienna Musikverein
- Edvard Grieg – Holberg Suite. Suite in olden style in G major, Op. 40
- Frédéric Chopin – Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op. 21
- Roland Baumgartner – Gondellied Variation
- Samuel Barber – Adagio for Strings
- Wojciech Kilar – Orawa
- Johann Strauß / Josef Strauß – Pizzicato-Polka
- Astor Piazzolla – Oblivion
- Antonio Vivaldi – Presto from “The Four Seasons”
Live at Elbphilharmonie – (DVD)
- Peter Iljitsch Tschaikowsky – Klavierkonzert Nr.1
- Frédéric Chopin – Etude Op.25/12 “Ocean”
- Gustav Mahler – Symphonie Nr. 5
GRAMOLA-CD von 2018
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Sonate Op.13
- Franz Schubert – Op.15
- Johannes Brahms – Op.118 No.5
- Robert Schumann – Sonate No.3 Op. 14
Island Tournee 2016
- Frédéric Chopin – NOCTURNE DES-DUR OPUS 27/2
- Ludwig van Beethoven – KLAVIER-SONATE NR. 21 OPUS 53 („WALDSTEIN-SONATE“)
- Franz Schubert / Franz Liszt (Transkription) – AVE MARIA
- Franz Schubert / Franz Liszt (Transkription) – GRETCHEN AM SPINNRADE
- Frédéric Chopin – SCHERZO 1
- Frédéric Chopin – SCHERZO 3
- Franz Liszt – HUNGARIAN RHAPSODY
- Franz Liszt – LA CAMPANELLA
- Beethoven – Die Wut über den verlorenen Groschen
- Grieg – Wedding Day at Troldhaugen op.65 Nr.6
- Busoni – Carmen Fantaise
- Albeniz – Asturias
- Mozart – Sonate KV. 311 D-Dur
- Schubert – Moment musical D.780 Nr.3
- Chopin – Polonaise
- Scriabin – Sonate Nr.4
- Korsakow-Rachmaninov – Hummelflug
- Brahms – Ungarischer Tanz Nr.1
- Liszt – Ungarische Rhapsodie Nr.2
- Robert Schumann – Fantasie C-Dur op.17
- Frédéric Chopin – Polonaise Fantasie op.61
- Johannes Brahms – Fantasien op.116
- Alexander Nikolajewitsch Skrjabin – Asturias
Album Vienna. Street live. SoRyang in concert.
- Frédèric Chopin – Fantasie-Impromptu Opus 66
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Piano Sonata Opus 53, 1. Satz “Waldsteinsonate”
- Franz Schubert – Impromptu Opus 90, Nr. 4
- Franz Liszt – LA CAMPANELLA
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Piano Sonata Opus 53, 3. Satz “Waldsteinsonate”
- Franz Liszt / Franz Schubert (Transkriptionen) – Auf dem Wasser zu singen
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Sonate Nr. 16 C-Dur
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy – Rondo Capriccioso, Opus 14
- Franz Liszt – Liebestraum
- Frédèric Chopin – Scherzo Nr. 2 in b-Moll Opus 31
- Johannes Brahms – Ungarischer Tanz Nr. 4
SoRyang hatte an den Tasten Platz genommen, um gleich mit starker Ausdruckskraft und Finesse solistisch zu brillieren…Frankfurter Neue Presse
Audio / Video
Radiointerview bei Klassik Radio Stephansdom (Wien):
SoRyang Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg:
SoRyang in concert. vienna. street live.
Beethoven “Waldstein” / Live recording
Chopin Scherzo no.1/ live recording
Schumann sonata 3/4
Impressum – Legal Disclosure
c/o Aaron Eventmanagement GmbH
Am Modenapark 10
CEO Dr. Rainer Maas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright & music rights
All material on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, data, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads and data compilations is owned or licensed by Soryang Joo.
Our website may be used without entering personal information. Different rules may apply to certain services on our site, however, and are explained separately below. We collect personal information from you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.) in accordance with the provisions of German data protection statutes. Information is considered personal if it can be associated exclusively to a specific natural person. The legal framework for data protection may be found in the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). The provisions below serve to provide information as to the manner, extent and purpose for collecting, using and processing personal information by the provider. Aaron Holding AG, 0043-1-51633-3818, info(et)aaron-holding-ag.at . Please be aware that data transfer via the internet is subject to security risks and, therefore, complete protection against third-party access to transferred data cannot be ensured.
Our website makes use of so-called cookies in order to recognize repeat use of our website by the same user/internet connection subscriber. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser downloads and stores on your computer. They are used to improve our website and services. In most cases these are so-called “session cookies” that are deleted once you leave our website. To an extent, however, these cookies also pass along information used to automatically recognize you. Recognition occurs through an IP address saved to the cookies. The information thereby obtained is used to improve our services and to expedite your access to the website. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website.
For technical reasons, data such as the following, which your internet browser transmits to us or to our web space provider (so called server log files), is collected: – type and version of the browser you use – operating system – websites that linked you to our site (referrer URL) – websites that you visit – date and time of your visit – your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal information you may have provided, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any particular person. The data is used for statistical purposes in order to improve our website and services.
Purpose of Registering
We offer you the opportunity to sign up for our website. The information entered when signing up, as shown in the registration form Aaron Holding AG, info(et)aaron-holding-ag.at is collected and stored solely for use by our website. When signing up for our website, we also store your IP address and the date and time you registered. This serves to protect us in the event a third party improperly and without your knowledge makes use of your data to sign up for our site. None of this information is transferred to third parties. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our website.
Our website offers you the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter. The newsletter provides you periodically with information about our services. To receive our newsletter, we require a valid email address. We will review the email address you provide for the purpose of determining whether you are in fact the owner of the email address provided or whether the actual owner of said address is authorized to receive the newsletter. When subscribing to our newsletter, we will store your IP address as well as the date and time you subscribed. This serves to protect us in the event a third party improperly and without your knowledge makes use of your email address to subscribe to our newsletter. We will not collect any other data. The data thereby collected is used solely for the purpose of receiving our newsletter. No data is transferred to third parties. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that other components of our website may collect. You may cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. You will find additional details in the email confirming your subscription as well as in each newsletter.
As part of this process, you IP address is immediately anonymized so that you as user remain anonymous to us. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site is not transferred to third parties. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. Should you be unwilling to have this data about your use of the site stored and analyzed, you may at any time subsequently withdraw your consent to it being stored and used with a click of the mouse. A so-called opt-out cookie is then placed on your browser, and as a result Piwik will no longer collect any data on your visits. Please be aware that, should you delete cookies from your browser settings, the opt-out cookie from PIWIK may also be deleted and will need to be reactivated. The opt-out text that appears will only appear in English and should be replaced with the German text. This change must be made manually in the files /lang/en.php or /lang/de.php.
Use of Facebook components
Our website employs components provided by facebook.com. Facebook is a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. Each time our website receives an access request equipped with a Facebook component, the component prompts your browser to download an image of this Facebook component. Through this process, Facebook is informed precisely which page of our website is being visited. When you access our site while logged into Facebook, Facebook uses information gathered by this component to identify the precise page you are viewing and associates this information to your personal account on Facebook. Whenever you click on the “Like“ button, for example, or enter a comment, this information is transmitted to your personal account on Facebook and stored there. In addition, Facebook is informed of your visit to our website. This occurs regardless of whether you click on a component or not. If you wish to prevent the transfer to and storage of data by Facebook about you and your interaction with our website, you must first log out of Facebook before visiting our website. The data protection policies of Facebook provide additional information, in particular about the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard as well as the options available to you for protecting your privacy: https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/ In addition, tools are freely available on the market that can be used to block Facebook social plug-ins with add-ons from being added to all commonly used browsers: webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/ You can find an overview of Facebook plugins at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
Use of 123rf.com